Rate MY OU Psychic Monotype Team

Post your Pokémon Showdown teams for review and discussion.

Postby xZEROx » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:00 pm

Sigilyph (F) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Stored Power
- Psycho Shift
- Roost

Main Defensive Wall. Stacks up Major Defensive stats with cosmic power and heals up with roost. magic guard for no indirect damage from anything, including burn from flame orb. Psycho Shift Burns to weaken Physical Sweepers. Stored power gives a nice stab attack with massive base power. 20+(N*40), N being the number of CM's used. Ruined by phasers and quicker special setups.

Medicham (F) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Bulk Up

Revenge Kill with the power of Bullet Punch. Setting with Bulk up to give nice offensive and defensive boosts. After you hit 25% hp gain salac speed boost. Drain punch for maximum sustain and zen headbutt for coverage. Weak to burn stallers, ie untouchable Sableye. Meh STAB defenses. Does chunks to phasers.

Reuniclus (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Counters Stallers and speed boosters or scarfers with trick room, magic guard, and life orb. Recover for sustain. Focus Blast and Shadowball for coverage. Fairly bulky. Good follow up after Sigilyph burns. Countered by high damage STABS of its weaknesses.easy to Swords Dance or Curse on.

Gallade @ Salac Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Rock Slide

Secondary Revenge Killer with Shadow Sneak and heavy sweeping potential with Swords Dance Salac berry. Drain Punch gives great sustaining Stab while Rock Slide gives more accurate coverage than Stone Edge. Chance to flinch is always great. Justified is the piece de resistance giving bonus ATK for dark hits taken. Same weaknesses as Medicham.

Metagross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake

Stealth rocks for those flying and bug monotype teams, always good. With Scarf he hits like a freaking truck on roids. Zen Headbutt for strong STAB with chance to flinch. Metoer Mash gives ATK boost chance. EQ for coverage. Solid defenses and ghost, dark, flying, bug poison, rock, psychic, and ice resistances. Takes EQ like a boss. 2 is just suicide. As a matter of fact dont go against STAB RAIN Teams, STAB SUN teams, ground teams, or fighting teams for that matter. Imperitive to keep him unburned or the slot is just a waste.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 Def / 252 HP / 32 Spd
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Cosmic Power

The defensive pivot of your dreams. 60% flinch chance with STAB Iron Head and 60% paralyze chance with Body Slam. Paraflinch ragequit alamode? Cosmic Power and Wish for maximum sustain. No worries for toxic but other statuses can be your death. Can tank EQ but only recovery is Wish, if you wanna risk it. Solid Stats all around and main defensive wall. Setups up hard against dragons, to be almost unkillable. Usually baits ground and fire types out. Hope for the Body Slam paralysis. Paraflinch is the name of the game, ragequit your goal. Stands where Gross might die.

Team as a whole is Fairly Balanced with a massive focus on setup and status control. Clear phasers or bait them out hard. Hazards always hazardous, but reduced by sustain and Magic Guarders, or resistant toxic immunity. Hs hard time with weather teams, but who doesn't. most roles can setup to sweep as well as take major abuse, excluding Big Boy Galladrain. Watch out for choice trickers, will ruin setters' days. Big ghost weakness remedied from JiraGross, setup defenders, and revengers. Can wreck scarfing non-tricking teams. Takes alot of guessing for swaps. Sigi on ground guesses, Reun for neutral SpATK guess, Gallade for dark guesses, JiraGross for Dark Ghost. Medi is main bulky physical sweep. Sigi becomes an unstoppable monster after 3 Cosmic Powers, full setup is unspeakable. Gallade can Setup and priority kill any and all ghosts if he gets 2 Swords Dances, unless they have Focus Sash, SR will break that, or my buddy Focus band. Celebi is a Paraflinching monster. Metagross SR and revenging power is great, with solid typing and defenses. Reuniclus adds a counter momentum against Dragon Dancers and Scarf Abusers, avoid getting locked, especially when rocking, its a nightmare. Avoid attraction with female gender. GL HF. PLEASE RATE and Give Suggestions if desired. :mrgreen:
xZEROx

Postby xZEROx » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:53 pm

xZEROx

Postby Zewwok » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:09 am

Right, several things. You have a massive weakness to phasers, due to the majority of your team having to set up, and your revenge killer either dont hit very hard or are a bit slow.

Sigilyph is fairly gimmicky, if anything can hit hit quickly enough it doesnt last very long. On top of that it cant do much at all to dark types outside of psycho shift. Needs to set up and avoid phasers before it becomes very effective.

Medicham, IMO, is much better off choiced. It has neither the bulk nor the speed to set up effectively. I like a choice scarf set, using HJK+Psycho cut and a couple of elemental punches, but a choice band set hits incredibly hard, with HJK doing over 70% minimum to physically defensive skarmory. Keep in mind that a resisted HJK does more damage than a neutral elemental punch. Reuniclus is nice, but nothing else on your team appreciates trick room.

Now, Gallade. The better of the two fighting set uppers, but still might be worn down too quickly to use salac with SD on there. You could opt for bulk up instead, if you want it to last longer, in which case you might want to put lefties on there. If you decide to keep SD and salac, get some speed EVs in there, you want to outspeed as much as possible. Life Orb/Lum Berry is often a better choice on an offensive SD set though.

Using Metagross as a scarfer without trick is questionable, but still viable. The problem with this one is not having any speed EVs. Take them out of HP and put them in speed. It absolutely needs these, base 70 speed just isnt anywhere near fast enough to get away without them. Also, choiced SR is generally a bad idea, it forces you to switch after only one turn. If you want to keep SR, put trick on there over EQ/Zen. So yeah, scarf with trick and SR, no SR, or no scarf.

Last but not least, Jirachi. Pretty solid, but sometimes not having protect on there with wish may come back to haunt you. You could use that over cosmic power if you want.

All in all, pretty solid team. You could squeeze starmie on there for coverage and spin support/revenger if you wanted, but that isnt really necessary. Other options could be wobbuffet for the countercoat trapping, Lati@s for a monster of a scarfer, and Zam for the magicsash. Good luck! :)
UOS made my avatar. Its awesome. You can get an awesome avatar too.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Zewwok

Postby xZEROx » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:07 pm

Thanks for the input. With the advent of Gen 6 what would you say to SashMalamar or SludgeMar(suction cups) with topsey turvey to replace Gross and Trick Room, cause Trick Room is my main Volcarona/Booster counter and Gross is to fill in for weakness. So I can sac Malamar on their setups or phasers. I also feel Megamedicahm will put more of a dent with its bullet punches getting a big boost and bulkup gives him more sturdiness on damage if i can force a switch. Latias can give me dent bulk over Gallade and still hit fast as well as adds to my entry hazzard resistance to all but SR. I can always forgo Latias for a Starmie in any case. Again I like Cosmic Power on the Team just for the free switch i usually get for Jirachi and wish compounding the resistance has always come in more handy than a strict protect. Sigilyph is always a gimmick and i realize he does nothing to darks except the burn dmg but ive stalled out many Ttars off the burn damage/reduc, cosmic powers, and roost; he's countered hard by sableye and Spiritomb but i usually clear those before anything else, usually with my Reun.
xZEROx

Postby xZEROx » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:11 pm

On a different note, should i try to incorporate Claydol into the team? I've seen it used for its bulk and Spin but what if i use a set with Magic coat and SR to counter priority taunt and setup?
xZEROx

Postby Zewwok » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:36 pm

I have not had much experience with 6th gen, so i cant offer any reliable advice on that. Anyway, Latias looks like a nice addition to your team, it could run screen support to help your sigilyph set up, or go Latios if you want a more offensive set. Claydol is nice with its bulk and all, but running magic coat requires extremely good prediction.
UOS made my avatar. Its awesome. You can get an awesome avatar too.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Zewwok

Return to Rate My Team