Rate my *New* OU Team!

Post your Pokémon Showdown teams for review and discussion.

Postby Egyptian » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:25 am

So after the last RMT I had a major fail . here a new team:

Forretress @ Red Card
Role:Spinner,Hazard Setter,Lead?
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes

Red Card to prevent those guys to set-up on Forretress,Sturdy is obvious,Rapid Spin to stop the hazards of breaking sashes,Hazards to set them.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
Role:Sweeper
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Yeah i know , 2 ice moves but seriously i need help on this...Which HP should i get?

Lucario @ Focus Sash
Trait: Steadfast
Role:Sweeper
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Sash to prevent lati@s from destroying him before he respond with Crunch/Ice Punch + Extremespeed

Salamence @ Focus Sash
Trait: Moxie
Role:Set-UP Sweeper
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Lonely Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Setting-UP salamence

Mamoswine @ Focus Band
Trait: Thick Fat
Role:Dragon killer,Flying Killer,Ground Killer,Low Defense Killer etc...
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Ice shard for the win! Strong moves as a backup-plan

Metagross @ Steel Gem
Trait: Clear Body
Role:Psychic Absorber,Bulky Sweeper,Strong Hitter,Fighting/Poison Killer,Dragon/Flying Killer
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch

So i hope this team is better than the first one
Zarel was muted by Zarel for 7 minutes. (omg you spammer)
Egyptian

Postby Egyptian » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:35 am

Sorry for double posting but a fail on my part : i forgot to give the mamoswine a choice band instead *Derp* and don't tell me life orb! I hate LIFE ORB
Egyptian

Postby JustLetMePlay » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:26 am

I honestly think you're better off running Specs or Calm mind on your Keldeo since Scarf!Keldeo is primarily a revenge killer and you have a lot of priority to take care of that role already.

If you're set on running Scarf, use either Bug or Electric for the HP, Bug will hit Celebi hard on the switch while Electric can be used to OHKO Gyarados after rocks (and possibly without rocks) while still retaining the ability to chip at Jellicent.

Other than that, your Lucario set is God awful, without a boosting move or even a boosting item, Lucario isn't going to be hitting anything hard. I'm also not seeing a lot of team synergy to be honest, it looks like you've just thrown together 6 pokemon haphazardly.
JustLetMePlay

Postby Egyptian » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:46 am

actually lucario doesn't need a boosting item :) that focus sash set helped my lucario to handle 3 pokemon after 5 of my pokemon fainted...

changed HP to bug and gave keldeo specs
Egyptian

Postby Kingler12345 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:56 am

Egyptian wrote:actually lucario doesn't need a boosting item :) that focus sash set helped my lucario to handle 3 pokemon after 5 of my pokemon fainted...

changed HP to bug and gave keldeo specs

Lucario is no better than arcanine then. You HAVE to have a boosting move for it as it can annihilate teams after a swords dance or two. Also, find a spot for slowbro or reuniclus(i haven't bothered to go over the team)
Kingler12345

Postby NightosphereKing » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:51 pm

Egyptian wrote:So after the last RMT I had a major fail . here a new team:

Forretress @ Red Card
Role:Spinner,Hazard Setter,Lead?
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes

Red Card to prevent those guys to set-up on Forretress,Sturdy is obvious,Rapid Spin to stop the hazards of breaking sashes,Hazards to set them.

Your team seems far too offensive for TSpikes, personally I think explosion is a better option to get the first thing in ASAP.
A Master Amateur
NightosphereKing

Postby Kyle1717 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:43 pm

Hi Egpytian. As previous posters have gotten at, you might want to take a couple steps back and look at what the overall perspective of your team should be. Starting with your lead, I absolutely think you should add at least one attacking move to your Forre. Otherwise, stuff like Terrakion can set up on it all day long. Giving it Gyro Ball or Earthquake, in addition to shifting some of your EVs to Attack, will remedy that substantially.

Secondly, I would encourage you, as previous posters have posted out, to reconsider the held item for each of your Pokemon. Since your team is overall not very bulky (especially on the special side), you're not going to be able to switch Pokemon very often. Therefore, using any Choice items is not recommended with a team like this (while I suppose there are arguments against that). Keldeo is a perfect example in that you can slap an Expert Belt and bluff a Choice item: the opponent sends in Celebi while you Hydro Pump. Since you don't have any Life Orb recoil, he assumes you are Choiced... until you demolish Celebi with HP Bug. It works like that.

Finally, team synergy is absolutely vital on any team, even on offensive teams where you don't need to switch out as often. Go into detail about how which Pokemon complements which, like why you chose Salamence over Dragonite or why you chose to make your Mamoswine bulkier instead of faster.

Hope this helps!
Kyle1717

Postby Kingler12345 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:40 am

Kyle1717 wrote:Hi Egpytian. As previous posters have gotten at, you might want to take a couple steps back and look at what the overall perspective of your team should be. Starting with your lead, I absolutely think you should add at least one attacking move to your Forre. Otherwise, stuff like Terrakion can set up on it all day long. Giving it Gyro Ball or Earthquake, in addition to shifting some of your EVs to Attack, will remedy that substantially.

Secondly, I would encourage you, as previous posters have posted out, to reconsider the held item for each of your Pokemon. Since your team is overall not very bulky (especially on the special side), you're not going to be able to switch Pokemon very often. Therefore, using any Choice items is not recommended with a team like this (while I suppose there are arguments against that). Keldeo is a perfect example in that you can slap an Expert Belt and bluff a Choice item: the opponent sends in Celebi while you Hydro Pump. Since you don't have any Life Orb recoil, he assumes you are Choiced... until you demolish Celebi with HP Bug. It works like that.

Finally, team synergy is absolutely vital on any team, even on offensive teams where you don't need to switch out as often. Go into detail about how which Pokemon complements which, like why you chose Salamence over Dragonite or why you chose to make your Mamoswine bulkier instead of faster.

Hope this helps!

Thank you. This is what i've been trying to say.
Kingler12345

Postby Egyptian » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:22 am

Thanks for your post , Kyle1717

I have read it and looks like you're right ,I think I'll consider your hints.
Egyptian

Postby Kyle1717 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:25 pm

Sweet, sounds good :) Glad I could help!
Kyle1717

Postby Kingler12345 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:35 am

Kyle1717 wrote:Sweet, sounds good :) Glad I could help!

:)
Kingler12345

Return to Rate My Team