Monotype-Fighting

Post your Pokémon Showdown teams for review and discussion.

Postby YourBoss » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:33 am

I wanted to try OU Monotype and was seeing which type is powerful and have great pokemons, Finally I chose Fighting.

Terrakion @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
Usually I always have a boosting Pokemon and Terrakion is fantastic. I use Leftovers for recovery. The reason why I chose Jolly is because I didn't want to get outspeed by Max Speed base 102's or scarf 90's when unboost. Looking at the opponent's team and the situation, I can boost whatever I need; for example, boost speed for a fast team or boost attack on a more defensive and slow team. Many times I went straight to attack and can still deals a lot of damage. Many times....I use Terrakion as a sacker when it is still at full health to get someone else in.
It's not all that good. When it's burned, Terrakion can't do much without boosting. Faster Psychic types and Flying types can easily KO Terrakion.

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Trait: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
This my suicide lead. I usually send out Nape first to get rocks up and deal as much damage as possible to the opponent. Sometimes when I see Scizor, I usually keep Nape for that thing since it can survive with sash and KO back, suiciding in the process :P.
Infernape is frail and if I don't use it as a lead, entry hazards can break my sash. After suiciding, opponent can spin away my rocks and so Infernape is wasted.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Electric]
This is my favourite Keldeo set, another set-up sweeper. Calm Mind for boost. I use Secret Sword to deal with Blissey and Ferrothorn and deal damage to Pokemon that resist other attacks or have high special bulk. I chose surf over Hydro Pump for the accuracy and I'm fine with less power. Hidden Power Electric gives more coverage and to deal with Flying and Water types. Keldeo can sometimes absorb burn because it is a special attacker.
Pokemon that are faster with super-effective move can easily OHKO or 2HKO Keldeo.

Lucario @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- ExtremeSpeed
Scarf Lucario is unexpected and helped me a lot. Inner Focus to counter Jirachi and Fake Out users. Close Combat is the main STAB, along with Crunch for almost perfect coverage. Ice punch to surprised (which I did many times) faster flying types like Tornadus-t, Thundurus, etc. E-Speed is the priority attack and can deal decent damage. He can be a revenge killer or sometimes comes in early-game.
However Lucario is quite frail and cannot take many attacks, often get OHKO.

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
I always need a bulky Pokemon and Conkeldurr is very good. Bulk Up to boost its Defense and Attack. Drain Punch to heal and since it's slow, Drain Punch is very effective. Ice punch for Flying types and occasionally Gliscor. Mach Punch from a base 140 attack is beast and saved me many times. Conk can be a beast if it gets to +2 or +3.
Special attackers usually can 2HKO or even 3HKO but more powerful Pokemon can OHKO. Crit can be a big problems since Conk rely on it's defense boost. Getting burned is also not very nice for him.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
Breloom is very popular due to it's versatility and power. It can come in on slower Pokemon or those who can't KO it to use Spore. Sword dance a few times and Mach Punch can bypass faster Pokemon. Bullet Seed is not very reliable but many times can do a lot of damage, especially to Water/Ground types.
Breloom can easily dies to faster Flying and Psychic types such as the Lati twins, Tornadus and others.

Threats:
-Gliscor Image
I always have many problems with Gliscor, Keldeo and Lucario can deal with it but the latter can't OHKO can get KO back. Conk can kill it but if Gliscor gets Sub up then it will be a very hard time.
-Espeon Image
Psychic types are a huge threat to this team. Espeon can potentially sweep the whole team with only Psyshock or Psychic. Lucario can deals damage and then Conk/Breloom can revenge it but still, it is a huge threat.
-Latios and Latias Image Image
Both are very fast and powerful. Maybe only Conkeldurr and Lucario can kill these two. Conkeldurr can potentially survive one hit if healthy and ice punch while Lucario can Crunch which sometimes OHKO.
-Alakazam Image
Alakazam is very fast as you may know. Pairing with Magic Guard and a high SpAtt stat can wreck my team very easy.
-Yanmega Image
This thing can boost its speed to max with Speed Boost and KO one by one with Air Slash. If unboosted then it is not very hard to kill.
-Togekiss Image
The Flinch hax is VERY annoying. With its bulk, it can paralyze a Pokemon and slowly kill it with Air Slash. Lucario can kill it but can be too frail to take a hit.

-Kami trio (OU): Image Image Image
They are powerful and often have decent speed (91/101/111). Landorus with Earthquake can deal A LOT of damage, Torn-t is very fast and only Lucario can safely deal with it. Thundurus can wreck Keldeo and do huge damage to other Pokemon.
Those are the threat I often have trouble with but there are still many Pokemon that are threats but can be counter by this team includes: Gengar, Sableye, Jellicent, other Psychic and Flying types, WoW users, Ghosts, Fast and Powerful pokemons,....

This team is quite successful to me. Often (not always) win against Water, Fire, other Fighting, Normal, Steel, Dark, Ice and Rock types. Sometimes even Psychic and Flying. I can see there are still many problems that can be solve and I want you guys to please rate/suggest to me what can be done to this team. I am also considering replacing certain Pokemon with other great Fighting types that I left out such as Machamp, Hitmontop, Mienshao, Medicham, Hercross, Toxicroak or Virizion.
Thank you for reading and helping me.
%Flame Emblem: Skylight, seeing you is like seeing the sun rise over the night. Seeing you makes the nightmares turn to dreams, the spinach turn to cookies, the dusk to dawn.
Avatar made by the amazing User of Shadows not this one
YourBoss

Location: A different place that isn't Temporal Tower's Rooftop

Postby The-Me » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:53 am

OK, pictures are up, roles are explained excellently well, threats are mentioned. This is an example RMT, I could say. So let's get going.

I like to first take a look at each member set's one at a time to figure out what they are.

• Double Boosting Terrakion. I used to like this guy, but later I realised Double Boosting usually means just STAB attacks and no coverage. It also needs a turn to set up and is thus situational. I wouldn't use Lefties on that, Terra has average defences and a dissapointing typing, so don't expect to live that long. Run Life Orb, maybe?
  • Ah, the LeadNape. I'm glad to see this thing is gaining popularity. However, it's a bit underrated for a reason: it's so frail sash is practically a must and thus cannot switch in reliably, other than as a lead. Yours does not have Fake Out, which is fine. Fake out is usually just there to break opposing sashes. You can just CC or Flare Blit- Wait. You have Flare Blitz? Why? Remember the recoil! Sash and recoil moves don't mix (unless with Rock Head...)! Change that to Overheat and go mixed. Alternatively, Fire Punch. Where was I...? Oh yes, opposing sashes with leads. You can just CC or Overheat and boom, opponent's defence is wide open. Since you also have Mach Punch, you can finish those 1 HP guys.
  • Everytime I see Keldeo in Monotype RMTs I am all like "Ugh, Keldeo". Keldeo has only a few options: Scarf, Specs or CM. This one has CM. Well, a specially offensive poke is a good thing I guess. But it's still Keldeo, so i have nothing to say.
  • Scarf Lucario oh my gods! Duuude, that is original. All Lucarios I know run SD or Nasty Plot, some priority, strong STAB move and a coverage move. I'm sure you can catch opponent off guard with that thing. However, it's biggest strength is also it's biggest downfall: once your opponent realises it's scarf, he is no longer afraid of you setting up. Also, Lucario has 110 Attack and 90 Speed. That is not great. And it's frail, as you said. Still, if it works, don't change anything on it. Maybe Justified instead of Inner Focus, but I doubt anyone would use a Dark type move against you.
  • Yep, Conkeldurr. If you need a bulky Fighting poke, go with this guy. It's specially defensive enough to take some Psychic hits, alright. Maybe you could run Payback instead of Ice Punch to deal with those Psychic and Ghost types. ...Not much else to say, Conkeldurr has so little options.
  • Breloom. OK, I found something to work around here. Toxic Heal with Techniloom moves. Nonono. Sash, Technician, those moves. Then it looks like OK. But hey, you already have 3 set-uppers (Terra has two set-up moves, so is it 4?), so are you sure you need Breloom to set-up as well? You could run Toxic Heal SubSeed, or SubPunch. I know, those sets aren't as fun as setting-up, but you could really use them. Man, why are Fighting teams full of set-up...?

OK, next I'll take a look at the threats list:

• Gliscor: Good luck with Gliscor. You'll need to be careful when that thing comes in. It can Toxic Stall you badly if you let your Lucario (and/or Breloom, if you run Toxic Heal) die. Ice Punch is the key here and Keldeo's Surf.
  • Espeon/Lati@s/Alakazam: All of these are basic, offesive Psychic types. Fighting teams need to find a way to deal with them. I have a suggestion and I'll talk about that later.
  • Yanmega: I'm no expert with Fighting, but I guess that thing is a potential threat with Speed Boost and Air Slash. Well, if you have rocks up and someone can take one hit, it's be a dead dragonfly in a few turn, hopefully it doesnt KO everyone.
  • Togekiss: You have Lucario. With Inner Focus.
  • Kamis: ICE PUNCH THEM TO OBLIVION Err, maybe not. No, wait, maybe yes. Idk
  • Ghost-types: Same with Espeon/Lati@s/Alakazam, I'll talk about it later.

So how do you deal with Psychic and Ghost-types?

Say hi to Scrafty, MonoFighting's biggest blessing.

Code: Select all
Scrafty @ Leftovers
Trait: Shed Skin
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

With Psychic immunity, Ghost resist and STAB Crunch, Scrafty becomes your greatest ally in your war against PsyGhost. However, take note that it comes with a big weakness to special Fighting-type moves and special moves in general. Single Gengar can end your fun with one Focus Blast (that hits). After that, it's a gg-moment. Same for Psychic, although they don't carry Fighting that much.

Yeah, Scrafty is awesome, but it's gonna be one more set-upper for you. That would make... idk, 5 set-uppers? Replace one of your set-uppers with Scrafty and your team looks 47.5% more solid.

RATING: 8/10
わたし わ テーマ です
Aurorus has Snow Warning and will make it to OU? NOT ON MY WATCH. Avatar stolen from UOS, using extreme violence.
Arcticblast wrote:LET MY INSULT GUIDE YOU TO VICTORY
The-Me

Postby YourBoss » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:10 am

Thx for the rating

Inferape I have Flare Blitz to use in these situations:
-They lead with Scizor which I don't like and i'm fine with forfeiting Sash
-After getting rocks up
-When Sash already activate and then I would use Flare Blitz (If faster) over CC to hope for a burn (maybe) and I'll die anyway so.. bla :P

I have used Scrafty in Random Battle and got a few sweeps. I know it is very good but what should i replace it with? All of my members works fine and I don't know who to replace.
%Flame Emblem: Skylight, seeing you is like seeing the sun rise over the night. Seeing you makes the nightmares turn to dreams, the spinach turn to cookies, the dusk to dawn.
YourBoss

Postby The-Me » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:14 am

YourBoss wrote:Thx for the rating

Inferape I have Flare Blitz to use in these situations:
-They lead with Scizor which I don't like and i'm fine with forfeiting Sash
-After getting rocks up
-When Sash already activate and then I would use Flare Blitz (If faster) over CC to hope for a burn (maybe) and I'll die anyway so.. bla :P

I have used Scrafty in Random Battle and got a few sweeps. I know it is very good but what should i replace it with? All of my members works fine and I don't know who to replace.

If you're fine with Flare Blitz recoil killing your nape (well, I guess they call it "suicide lead" for a reason...), don't change it.

idk, IMO you could just get rid of Breloom, it has least jobs to take care of and is very iffy against Flying.
わたし わ テーマ です
Aurorus has Snow Warning and will make it to OU? NOT ON MY WATCH. Avatar stolen from UOS, using extreme violence.
The-Me

Postby Kingler12345 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:50 am

The-me has done the stuff, but I would suggest a change-drain punch instead of ice punch. The-me, that's the reason scrafty is used, its amazing STABs. What I will go through is the things you have trouble with.
Here's my suggestion for conk.
Use guts instead of iron fist to have a status absorber.
Now I see you have too many boosters, so I'd suggest a status orb set.
How do you deal with it? Well, I would suggest shifting your keldeo to a subCM set because gliscor uses protect turn 1, then you can set up a sub on the switch and since it's a ground or fighting mono there will be no jellies and mostly not much will force it out.
I don't really think this is a threat. Switch to e killer lucario, a +2 e speed is a KO.
Mostly they will psyshock you on conk and you KO, if they draco meteor they can potentially become setup bait for lucario.
Your best bet is to use fake out with infernape to break the sash and revenge kill with e killer lucario(the LO one)
Now this thing is problematic. Lucario again is your best bet. You [img]need[/img] to have rocks up and just extremespeed for the KO.
Lucario, again, can try to check this thing but it has a crap ton of bulk, so a +2 e speed might not do much. Anyways, predict around it, then it will be easy to beat.
As for the kami trio, you can destroy everything except lando t with a +2 extremespeed. And lando t is annihilated by ice punch from conk.
Kingler12345

Postby YourBoss » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:21 am

Kingler12345 wrote:The-me has done the stuff, but I would suggest a change-drain punch instead of ice punch. The-me, that's the reason scrafty is used, its amazing STABs. What I will go through is the things you have trouble with.
How do you deal with it? Well, I would suggest shifting your keldeo to a subCM set because gliscor uses protect turn 1, then you can set up a sub on the switch and since it's a ground or fighting mono there will be no jellies and mostly not much will force it out.
I don't really think this is a threat. Switch to e killer lucario, a +2 e speed is a KO.
Mostly they will psyshock you on conk and you KO, if they draco meteor they can potentially become setup bait for lucario.
Your best bet is to use fake out with infernape to break the sash and revenge kill with e killer lucario(the LO one)
Now this thing is problematic. Lucario again is your best bet. You [img]need[/img] to have rocks up and just extremespeed for the KO.
Lucario, again, can try to check this thing but it has a crap ton of bulk, so a +2 e speed might not do much. Anyways, predict around it, then it will be easy to beat.
As for the kami trio, you can destroy everything except lando t with a +2 extremespeed. And lando t is annihilated by ice punch from conk.

So you are saying I should use a Sword Dance Lucario, if I do, what move should I replace for Sword Dance?
YourBoss

Postby Kingler12345 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:24 am

Crunch or ice punch. Since your team struggles with gliscor, ice punch. But if you're scared of dem jelliez, use crunch. Hope this helped.
Kingler12345

Postby The-Me » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:24 pm

Kingler12345 wrote:The-me has done the stuff, but I would suggest a change-drain punch instead of ice punch. The-me, that's the reason scrafty is used, its amazing STABs. What I will go through is the things you have trouble with.

[...] Well, I would suggest shifting your keldeo to a subCM set [...]

I just want to add that I know that Scrafty has amazing STAB-combo, but I figured that team needs Ice Punch more than another STAB move. Sure, change it to Drain Punch, but YourBoss needs more Ice Punch IMO.

Totally missed Conk's ability, I always run Guts over Iron Fist, even if I don't run status orb (the rage I get when opponent burns my conk is priceless XD).

Sub CM Keldeo? Don't ask me, I never use Keldeo. Uh, try things out.

And Kingler: my name is The-Me, not The-me!
わたし わ テーマ です
The-Me

Postby YourBoss » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:26 am

So should I use SD Lucario?
YourBoss

Postby Kingler12345 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:34 am

YourBoss wrote:So should I use SD Lucario?

Yes. With Life orb, Swords dance/Close Combat/Extremespeed/Ice punch or crunch.
Kingler12345

Postby The-Me » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:47 am

Kingler12345 wrote:
YourBoss wrote:So should I use SD Lucario?

Yes. With Life orb, Swords dance/Close Combat/Extremespeed/Ice punch or crunch.

Yeah, or with sash if you want to be guaranteed to take at least one hit. I mean: who's gonna set rocks up against FIGHTING, right? Yeah, spikes are a thing, I know. ...idk, I'm bored.

Also: Ice Punch VS Crunch is a difficult problem. :/
わたし わ テーマ です
The-Me

Postby YourBoss » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:03 am

Yeah...I'm doubting between those two. How many threats do you guys think I can cover with each?
YourBoss

Postby Kingler12345 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:21 am

YourBoss wrote:Yeah...I'm doubting between those two. How many threats do you guys think I can cover with each?

Crunch for jellicent, ice punch solely for gliscor.
Kingler12345

Postby The-Me » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:48 am

Kingler12345 wrote:
YourBoss wrote:Yeah...I'm doubting between those two. How many threats do you guys think I can cover with each?

Crunch for jellicent, ice punch solely for gliscor.

Pretty much, yes. Crunch is also for Psychic and other Ghost types, but whatever. You'll want to balance these two out, so that you can deal with both Gliscor and Jelli.
わたし わ テーマ です
The-Me

Postby Eyeballz60 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:41 pm

Ok first up, I like what you have done with infernape for suicide and rocks but I usually use infernape like this:
Replace Infernape's flare blitz with fire punch, this usually works well with life orb as well.
Replace close combat with mach punch, it goes first and with iron fist and life orb it devastates (I've tried it)
Replace the mach punch that's already there with thunder punch.
And your nape is set for life.
I think the rest of your team is really good, just change the nape.
Eyeballz60

Postby Starmaster » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:46 pm

Eyeballz60 wrote:Ok first up, I like what you have done with infernape for suicide and rocks but I usually use infernape like this:
Replace Infernape's flare blitz with fire punch, this usually works well with life orb as well.
Replace close combat with mach punch, it goes first and with iron fist and life orb it devastates (I've tried it)
Replace the mach punch that's already there with thunder punch.
And your nape is set for life.
I think the rest of your team is really good, just change the nape.

Close combat is a much more reliable stab move for your team I would say. Mach punch isn't powerful enough to OHKO most pokemon. I think you need more speed on your team. A scarf Terrakion could work wonders. Run Stone edge, EQ, Close Combat, and X-Scissor. Edgequake is only resisted by Breloom/Virizion and CC takes care of them. Scarf Terra also revenges Togekiss and forces Yanmega to get 2 speed boosts. It also outspeeds and OHKOS the whole Kami trio except Scarf Tornadus. It could really help. Test it out.
Starmaster

Return to Rate My Team